This policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller in respect of the Website is apetito Limited.
The Website (www.apetito.co.uk) is owned and operated by apetito Limited, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8RJ. Company Registration No. 233851. VAT no. 138176066.
Our Website www.apetito.co.uk (our “Website”) collects personal information from you at certain points; for example when you register for access to our online ordering website eOrder or our nutritional product search website Nutridata, fill in forms on our site or register to receive news and updates from us.
Information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, job application and curriculum vitae.
In order to provide you with the most efficient and personalised experience when using our Website, we may collect certain information from you by using cookies.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit our Website. We use these cookies to identify when it is you visiting our Website, which helps us to make your visit to our site quicker and easier. For example, by remembering your log-in details for easier access to eOrder and Nutridata websites.
We use a web analytics tool to analyse how the site is used, so other details that we may collect from you include those of your visit such as; how you arrive at the site, what you do on the site and which browser or operating system you use. All of this information is collected anonymously, so is not tied to any personally identifiable information and allows us to complete internal research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviours in order to better understand and serve you.
Cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors.
To make full use of any personalised features on our Website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this Website by using them.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from apetito.co.uk, or any other Website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can find more information about cookies and how to restrict, block and delete them at www.aboutcookies.org
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for.
Some cookies enable websites to remember choices their users make, for example, user name. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalised service.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session cookie sent to the web browser. Used when you open the browser and then go to a website that implements ASP.NET session state. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.|
|EPi:NumberOfVisits||Used when using Number of Visits personalization criterion.|
|userid||Used with EPiServer Campaign Monitor and Optimization|
|CookieNotice||Determines if you have been shown the cookie notice when visiting the site|
|StartPageAltVersion||Determines if you have been shown the alternative home page when visiting the site|
We use a number of tools that monitor visitor behaviour on our website to help us improve our information and services.
The tool we use most consistently is Google Analytics. Anonymous data about your visit is collected and amalgamated with that of other visitors so we can better understand how people use our website.
Opt out of Google Analytics
This website embeds photos, video and other content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites
We use ShareThis to provide buttons on pages to help you share our content. ShareThis also makes use of Scorecard Research tracking which set the UID and UIDR cookies
ResponseTap is a phone call analytics tool, used to understand the customer interaction between the website and calling apetito. Three cookies are used by ResponseTap to help demonstrate this journey so the business can improve their customer experience.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Provided you have given your consent, we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
Your privacy is extremely important to us, and we promise never to share your personal details with any external companies for mailing or marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
2. if apetito Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and web site users will be one of the transferred assets; and
3. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of apetito Limited, our customers, or others.
If you conduct transactions through this Website, we may transfer information about you to our financiers, who:
1. may use, analyse and assess information about you, including the nature of your transactions, and exchange such information with other members of their group of companies and others for credit or financial assessment, market research, statistical analysis, insurance claim, underwriting and training purposes and in making payments and servicing their agreement with us;
2. from time to time, may make searches of your record at credit reference agencies where your record with such agencies may include searches made and information given by other businesses; details of their searches will be kept by such agencies but will not be seen by other organisations that may make searches;
3. may give information about you and your indebtedness to the following:
4. our or their insurers for underwriting and claims purposes;
5. any guarantor or indemnifier of you or our obligations to enable them to assess such obligations;
6. their bankers or any advisers acting on their behalf;
7. any business to whom your indebtedness or our arrangements with our financiers may be transferred – to facilitate such transfer;
8. may monitor and/or record any phone calls you may have with them, for training and/or security purposes;
9. in the event that they transfer all or any of their rights and obligations under their agreement with us to a third party, may transfer information about you to enable the third party to enforce their rights or comply with the obligations.
10. We will provide you with details of our financiers on request, including a contact telephone number if you want to have details of the credit reference agencies and other third parties referred to above from whom they obtain and to whom they may give information about you. You also have a right to receive a copy of certain information they hold about you if you apply to them in writing. However a fee will be payable.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or not checking (as the case may be) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the "Contact Us" page on our Website.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of other third party websites, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for visiting our Website.